Upheld By The Lord
Lifted up and carried, forever safe within God’s arms;
Sheltered and protected, secure from all that might alarm.
Borne upon Jesus’ shoulders, precious sheep within the fold;
Held closely to His bosom, which God’s mighty arms enfold.
Upheld by the loving Shepherd, He will help and He will save;
Your name is there upon His lips, on His hands you are engraved.
Fear not, child of God - Jesus will never fail you, nor forsake;
He’s pledged to watch over you - His promises He will never break.
The Lord is with you, He will strengthen you, draw you with cords of love;
Reaching down from Heaven, filled with countless blessings from above;
Clasping tightly to your hand, your Saviour will never let you go;
He will give you the grace to stand, regardless of any foe.
Mounting high above the world, held aloft by eagle’s wings,
Underneath are everlasting arms, in His presence your soul sings;
Embraced within this shelter, there’s renewed strength for those who wait;
Reaching down with compassion, His gentleness has made you great.
In this world we have troubles, our fears often get in the way,
But when those burdens arise, take them to the Lord and pray;
Cast your cares upon your Father - see your worries flee and depart,
When you remember that you’re carried, held so closely to God’s heart.
August 26th, 2026
Jerry Bouey
(Dedicated to all my Christian friends
who truly need to know the Lord is carrying them right now.)
Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:13-14 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isaiah 46:3-4
Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob,
and all the remnant of the house of Israel,
1) which are borne by me from the belly,
2) which are carried from the womb:
And even to your old age I am he;
3) and even to hoar hairs will I carry you:
4) I have made, and I will bear;
5) even I will carry, and will deliver you.
Five times the Lord says He will carry His people. Five is symbolic of grace. Seven things stated altogether: borne, carried, carry, made, bear, carry, deliver.
No comments:
Post a Comment