Tuesday, December 19, 2023

God Is So Good (Poem)

 

God Is So Good

God is so good,
But this life is so tough.
The days seem so long,
The road is so rough.

Sometimes I get bogged down
With the things that I find.
The pressures seem too much,
The world's lies claw at my mind.

When I begin to feel trapped,
Locked within this rat race,
I know that there's real truth,
And it's only found one place:
The answers to my search for life
Do not lie within.
Inside is a rebellious heart,
Marred and scarred with sin.

When I need true peace
That takes away the fear,
The doubts that come
Lord, I know they're here,
When I need hope
That overcomes the pain,
A will to live,
And grace to start again
I look to Jesus -
Oh He loves me I know;
I can feel His mercy and strength
Beginning to flow.

January 4th, 1995
Jerry Bouey

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
John 17:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received,
and heard, and seen in me, do:
and the God of peace shall be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment