Monday, December 18, 2023

Our Little Miracle (Poem)

Our Little Miracle

You were so small, our tiny little baby;
The doctors said that you couldn’t survive,
But in our hearts, we knew you were special;
Our wondrous miracle - the Lord kept you alive.

God knew you before He ever made you.
In the womb, you were formed by His hand.
In His love, all your moments were written,
All designed according to His plan.

“Fear not, thou worm Jacob…
I will help thee, saith the LORD,”

God whispered these words to me,
And I knew I could trust in His Word.

Though “the mountains depart, and the hills be removed,”
We believed our Heavenly Father was in control;
We could leave you safely in His tender care,
Knowing He watched over your body and soul.

I will gently lead you beside Me,
Guide your steps as you carry this son,
And one day your worries will be over,
In your own arms, you’ll bear this little one -

Zachery, your own little miracle son.

November 12, 2023
Jerry Bouey

(Dedicated to the Schultz Family - Christmas Project 2023)

Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Isaiah 41:10, 13-14 Fear thou not; for I am with thee:be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness… For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Psalms 139:13-16 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment