Sunday, May 16, 2021

My Servant, Israel (Isaiah 43) (Poem)

 My Servant, Israel 

(Isaiah 43)


Fear not for I have redeemed you

Fear not - I have called you by name

And you are Mine!

When you pass through the waters

Fear not - I will be with you all the time.


Through rivers you will pass

But they will not overflow

Through the fire you will walk

As the flames and embers glow

But you will not even be scorched

Nor shall you suffer a burn

For the Lord, the Holy One is your Saviour

Oh Israel, won't you learn?


You are precious in My sight

I have honoured and I will love you

Though you blindly walk in night

My glory will shine above you

I, the Lord, have formed you

Behold, I have called you by My name

I will exchange your life for others

And ransom you with the same.


Fear not, My children

I will gather you to Me

Though you have ears and you have eyes

You are deaf and cannot see

I have made you to be My witnesses

Oh My servant, hear My voice

There are no other gods, but Me

I Am your only choice.


It is I who have declared

I have proclaimed and I will save

I will rescue from captivity

All of Mine who are enslaved

I Am from eternity

All I have created I hold within My hand

Is there any other who can deliver?

Tell Me now if you can.


Remember not your past, oh Israel

Though it was for you I parted the Red Sea

I did this for My people

So you would praise and glorify Me

Behold, now I will do something new

Something that has never before been done

I will wipe out all your sins for My sake

If you will just call upon My Son.


March 23rd, 1995

Jerry Bouey


"For God so loved the world,

that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him,

should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment