It's Just Like His Great Love (Hymn)

It's Just Like His Great Love
(Author: Edna Randolph Worrell)

A friend I have called Jesus,
Whose love is strong and true,
And never fails howe’er ’tis tried,
No matter what I do;
I sinned against this love of His,
But when I knelt to pray,
Confessing all my guilt to Him,
The sin-clouds rolled away.

Chorus:
It’s just like Jesus to roll the clouds away,
It’s just like Jesus to keep me day by day.
It’s just like Jesus all along the way,
It’s just like His great love.

Sometimes when clouds of trouble
Bedim the sky above,
I cannot see my Savior’s face,
I doubt His wondrous love;
But He, from Heaven’s mercy seat,
Beholding my despair,
In pity bursts the clouds between,
And shows me He is there.

When sorrow’s clouds o’ertake me,
And break upon my head,
When life seems worse than useless,
And I were better dead;
I take my grief to Jesus then,
Nor do I go in vain,
For heav’nly hope He gives that cheers
Like sunshine after rain.

Oh, I could sing forever
Of Jesus’ love divine,
Of all His care and tenderness
For this poor life of mine;
His love is in and over all,
And wind and waves obey
When Jesus whispers, “Peace, be still!”
And rolls the clouds away.

Mark 4:35-41 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Romans 5:6-10 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One By One He Took Them From Me - Poem by William Cowper

Call Back (Poem)

"The World's Bible" by Annie Johnson Flint (Poem)