My Hymn Of Praise (Song)

My Hymn Of Praise

“It is well with my soul;” “He keeps me singing” “Day by day.”
“His name is Wonderful,” “He took my sins away.”
“Standing on the promises” - “I am resolved” to “Trust and obey.”
“Jesus is coming again” - “What if it were today?”

“All hail the power of Jesus’ name,” “Oh, He’s done so much for me.”
“I know whom I have believed,” - “Saved by the blood” “At Calvary.”
“My faith has found a resting place,” “A shelter in the time of storm;”
“Safe am I” in “The Haven of rest,” “Leaning on the everlasting arms.”

“Onward, Christian soldiers,” “Hold the fort” “The fight is on;”
“Stand up, stand up for Jesus;” “We’re marching to Zion.”
“All hail the power of Jesus’ name;” There’s “Power in the blood.”
“Faith is the victory,” “When the enemy comes in like a flood.”

“‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,” “His name is Wonderful” to me.
“When we all get to heaven,” “Praise Him, praise Him,” “What a day that will be”!
“Face to face with Christ, My Saviour,” coming to Him “Just as I am;”
I will see “My Saviour first of all” - Oh, “Worthy is the Lamb”!

September 3rd, 2025
Jerry Bouey 

I love those old hymns of the faith. They are so precious to me. I know I could never hold a candle to their work, but I wanted to honour those songwriters and their faith. Here is my attempt to take just a few of my favourite hymns, and weave their titles into a song of sorts. I included one of my own poems in this song to make it flow, as I could not find a hymn ready at hand that would fit that stanza. Hope you don't mind too much.

Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Psalm 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Psalm 96:1 O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.

Psalm 98:1 A Psalm. O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

Psalm 144:9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.

Psalm 149:1 Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

Isaiah 42:10 Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One By One He Took Them From Me - Poem by William Cowper

Call Back (Poem)

"The World's Bible" by Annie Johnson Flint (Poem)