Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Set My Soul Afire (Hymn)

 I had forgotten how challenging this hymn was until we sang it in church on Sunday.

Set My Soul Afire
(Hymn by Gene Bartlett)

Set my soul afire, Lord, for Thy holy Word,
Burn it deep within me, let your voice be heard;
Millions grope in darkness, in this day and hour,
I will be Your witness, fill me with Thy pow’r.

Chorus:
Set my soul afire, Lord, set my soul afire,
Make my life a witness of Thy saving pow’r.
Millions grope in darkness, waiting for Thy Word,
Set my soul afire, Lord, Set my soul afire.

Set my soul afire, Lord, for the lost in sin,
Give to me a passion as I seek to win;
Help me not to falter, never let me fail,
Fill me with Thy Spirit, let Thy will prevail.

Set my soul afire, Lord, in my daily life,
Far too long I’ve wondered in this day of strife;
Nothing else will matter but to live for Thee.
I will be Your witness as You live in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment