Day By Day (Poem)

Day By Day

Day by day, I will trust Christ
Day by day, He will provide
He will give me grace and mercy
If in His presence I abide.

Day by day, He knows my sorrows
Day by day, He shares my pain
Jesus is my joy and comfort
He's my strength and life again.

Day by day, I can trust Him
Though some days I come unglued
As I wait upon the Lord
I find my strength is renewed.

Day by day, I have God's blessings
Which Christ's sacrifice affords
I cannot rely on my own strength
I will rather boast in the Lord.
Day by day...

August 3rd, 1999
Jerry Bouey

"...and as thy days, so shall thy strength be."
Deuteronomy 33:25b

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:13

Written when I was dealing with chronic muscle pain (Fibromyalgia) and realized that my own physical strength was undependable at times - and I wanted to remind myself that my Lord is always dependable, and His strength is always there for the asking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One By One He Took Them From Me - Poem by William Cowper

Call Back (Poem)

"The World's Bible" by Annie Johnson Flint (Poem)