Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Christmas Without Jesus (Poem by Theresa Wood)

Christmas Without Jesus?

Christmas without Jesus, How can this really be?
And yet for many years it was this way for me.
I hung the lights and wrapped the many, many toys
For all my little ones, my precious girls and boys.

I gave them all that I possessed of worldly gifts and things,
But I did not have the greatest gift that only Jesus brings.
Though I gave them all I had right from the very start,
I could not give them Jesus for He wasn't in my heart.

Then, Praise the precious Lamb of God, one day He came,
He spoke to my empty heart and called me by my name.
Now I have more to give my children than gifts on earth.
I give them Jesus, God’s Firstborn Son, whose lowly birth
Prepared the way for all mankind to look to Him and see,
Christmas without Jesus, this really cannot be.

December 9th, 2002
Theresa Wood
(Used With Permission)

1 comment: