Thursday, September 21, 2006

More Like The Master (Hymn)

The hymn for you today is one that a friend posted on her blog. It is an excellent song with a wonderful message. When I read or sing it, in my heart that is my prayer as well:

More Like The Master
(Charles H. Gabriel)

More like the Master I would ever be,
More of His meekness, more humility;
More zeal to labor, more courage to be true,
More consecration for work He bids me do.

Chorus:
Take Thou my heart, I would be Thine alone;
Take Thou my heart, and make it all Thine own.
Purge me from sin, O Lord, I now implore,
Wash me and keep me Thine forevermore.

More like the Master is my daily prayer;
More strength to carry crosses I must bear;
More earnest effort to bring His kingdom in;
More of His Spirit, the wanderer to win.

More like the Master I would live and grow;
More of His love to others I would show;
More self denial, like His in Galilee,
More like the Master I long to ever be.

Luke 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

The mature believer will be like Christ, and our goal should be to conformed more and more to our Master now as we walk with Him from day to day.

Are you "more like the Master" than you were before? More than last year? More than you used to be? It is certainly a mark to be striving towards.

What the world needs to see is less of each of us, and more of Jesus shining through our lives.

Are you more like Jesus today?

No comments:

Post a Comment