Friday, September 15, 2006

The Altar Is Empty (Song)

The Altar Is Empty

The altar is empty - The sacrifice has walked away.
The heart's gone cold - Where's the willingness to pray?
Something is wrong, it shouldn't be,
No peace within, convicting me!

Chorus:
Kindle my heart, stir into a flame.
Restore my soul, as I call on Your name.
Oh Lord above, grant me the grace
To deny myself and put Your will in its place.

The altar is empty - There are no prayers offered today.
The heart's lukewarm - Where's the desire to pray?
The field is white, but no reaping done,
No hearts breaking, pleading for God's Son.

The field is empty - Where are the labourers today?
Those faithful servants Standing in the gap to pray.
Oh hear God's voice, His Spirit's call;
Repent, you watchmen, upon the wall.

2nd Chorus:
Quicken my heart, in Jesus' name, 
Cleanse me from my sin - bring to life again.
Send me, oh Lord, and I will go -
Go and tell the world Jesus loves them so.

July 29th, 2004
Jerry Bouey

John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Matthew 9:36-38 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment