Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Am Jesus (Poem)

Lately, I have been preaching on the I Ams of Jesus from the Gospel of John.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 4:25-26 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

I Am Jesus

I Am the Good Shepherd;
I gave My life for My sheep.
I Am the Resurrection and the Life -
Your comfort when you weep.

I Am the Light of the World
That shines upon you each day -
In this perilous journey of life,
I Am the only Way.

I Am the True Vine -
There is no real living apart from Me.
I Am the Door of Salvation;
Eternal life is knowing Me.

I Am the Messiah, who died
From sin to set you free;
For everything you are searching for -
I that speak to you Am He.

I Am the Bread of Life
On which your soul can feed.
I Am That I Am - 
I Am all you will ever need.

I Am the Great Jehovah;
The LORD of Heaven, the earth, and the sea.
I Am Jesus Christ, the Saviour;
The LORD which is, which was, and will be.

I Am Jesus.

April 21st/2010
Jerry Bouey

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Great poem! It flows very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poetry, and I am using this poem in my study of the prayers of Moses. Thank you for using your gift. Pastor Glenn Pease

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother Glenn, I am glad the poem was a blessing to you. Praying that your study goes well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete