Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Everything's Changed (Poem)

Everything's Changed

I once was blind, but now I see -
Oh praise the Lord who died for me.
He opened my eyes to see my sin;
I opened my heart to let Him in.

I once was deaf, but now I hear -
Immanuel – my God – came near.
I heard of how Jesus died for me –
His blood – from my sin, has made me free.

I once was dumb, mouth closed by sin -
Wicked words and thoughts dwelt within;
My own heart, the source of all this woe –
There’s nowhere else but Jesus to go.

I once was lame, but now I’m healed –
My evil deeds have been revealed.
My heart’s been cleansed from every stain;
My footsteps turned to walk right again.

I once was blind, deaf, dumb, and lame,
Lost, alone, heart shattered by pain;
Then I trusted in the Saviour’s name –
Since I believed everything’s changed.

I once was blind, deaf, dumb, and lame,
But praise the Lord that Jesus came!

December 21/2010
Jerry Bouey

Isaiah 29:18  And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Isaiah 35:5-6  Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

Matthew 11:4-5  Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment