Monday, June 04, 2007

The Prodigal's Return (Song)

The Prodigal's Return

The Far Country could never satisfy,
Oh what a foolish soul I have been.
I've come to myself, and I wonder now,
Will my Heavenly Father take me in?

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned -
I have wandered astray for many days;
Now broken inside, I'm coming home again -
I'm so tired of my wayward ways.

My thoughts run faster than my feet can go -
What kind of reception awaits me there?
No, I won't falter, I have to know,
"Will He receive me?" my only prayer.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.
No more wandering about in a daze -
Cleanse my heart, make me whole again,
Restore the joys of yesterdays.

What is that on the horizon?
Is that my Father waiting there?
A thousand thoughts hedge my ways...

But with arms opened wide,
He receives me to Himself;
My heart's so filled with love and praise.

Like the Prodigal, I've come home again,
So tired of my wayward ways -
Now a peace within and a song of joy;
My heart's so filled with endless praise.

My heart's so filled with endless praise...

May 12th/06
Jerry Bouey

Luke 15:17-20 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment