Monday, July 24, 2006

The Path of Life by Angela Trenholm (Poem)

Poem For Sunday

The Path of Life

Lord, is my life a stumblingblock,
To babes in Christ around me?
Is it consistent with Your Word,
Or filled with hypocrisy?

Have I caused Your little ones,
To falter from the straight way?
My heart breaks at the very thought,
Dear God, of leading one astray!

Lord, search my reins and try my heart.
If there be any wicked way,
Pluck it out by its evil roots;
Let none of its vileness hold sway!

As David cried, so I plead of You,
"Create in me a clean heart!"
Renew a right spirit within me;
only You Lord, give a new start,

That I may arise and proclaim,
Teaching sinners of Your redemption,
That they may be converted unto You,
Praising You in acclamation.

Keep my heart tender, oh Lord,
To hear that still small voice
That convicts the humble heart of sin,
And makes righteousness its choice.

Order my footsteps in Your Word;
Let me not falter in times of strife.
Let this my daily prayer be,
To walk in the paths of life.

December 26th, 2003
Angela B Trenholm

Angela's testimony regarding this poem:

The concerns and responsibilities of being a Mom can be so overwhelming. How often do I feel that the task is too big and I am so frail. How often do I cry out to my Lord to help me to be the Mother He wants me to be, so I can raise up the precious children He has given me in a way that is pleasing to Him.

I wrote this poem when I was feeling very much a failure as a mother, but I knew I had to get my eyes back on the only one who could help me raise up our precious daughters in a way that would bring honour and glory to the Lord.

If I did not have His precious promises in His Holy Word and the comfort of His Holy Spirit living in me to lean on, the task would soon become unbearable. How thankful I am for a loving, merciful Saviour, who takes great pleasure in comforting and uplifting those who trust in Him.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalms 16:11

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment