Tuesday, February 27, 2024

A Call To Remembrance (Poem)

A Call To Remembrance

I’ll never forget all the things You’ve done for me;
How You died on the cruel cross of Calvary;
You redeemed me from my sin and set me free;
Now Lord Jesus, I am Yours eternally.

I was a black sheep that had wandered astray;
As a Good Shepherd, You sought me that day;
You rescued me from all that kept me away;
Changed forevermore, I’m Yours, come what may.

Any good in my life is because of You;
Every breath I breathe, I owe it all to You;
You’ve taken my heart and made it brand new -
I’m transformed by Your love, by all that You do.

Looking back on my life, and all my past sin,
I praise You for Your grace that cleanses within;
I recall to my mind how faithful You have been;
And rejoice in the hope that You’re coming again.

February 27, 2024
Jerry Bouey

Ephesians 2:11-13 Wherefore remember… That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Lamentations 3:21-23 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment